November 25, 1959, in the parish of Saint Rita Balingasag, Misamis Oriental, a small group of women humbly asked permission from the parish priest, Monsignor Teofilo B. Camomot to serve in his parish. Here the first pioneer house was erected and the group was named the Daughters of Saint Teresa.
Bishop Teofilo B. Camomot was born in Cogon, Carcar, Cebu on March 3, 1914 to Luis and Angela Bastida.He was the third child of eight children & was baptized on March 4, 1914 & confirmed on August 22, 1915. He dedicated himself wholeheartedly to his seminary formation at the Seminario de San Carlos in Cebu City. On December 15, 1940, he was ordained a priest & was appointed assistant to different parishes.
Ministry & Vocation
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.