DAUGHTERS OF SAINT TERESA (DST)
Address: Valladolid, Carcar City, Cebu Philippines
Date of Foundation: 1960
Place of Foundation: Balingasag, Misamis Oriental
Founder: Msgr. Teofilo B. Camomot
Date of arrival in Cebu: July 1966
Diocesan Right: October 15, 1985
Pontifical Recognition: July 16, 2009
Consecrated Women of Prayer and Daughters of the Church imbued with Apostolic Zeal of Saint Teresa of Avila giving witness through the Gospel for the sanctification of souls and the reign of the Mansion of God’s Kingdom.
Inspired by our Vision, we serve the Church through the Zeal for Catholic Education, Preferential Love for the Poor and Option for Pastoral Services.
November 25, 1959, in the parish of Saint Rita Balingasag, Misamis Oriental, a small group of women humbly asked permission from the parish priest, Monsignor Teofilo B. Camomot to serve in his parish. Here the first pioneer house was erected and the group was named the Daughters of Saint Teresa.
In 1970, since the Founder, Monsignor Teofilo B. Camomot did not have a diocese of his own and because of poor health, he brought the congregation in Cebu imbued with his love for the poor. The Late Julio Cardinal Rosales, D.D. accepted the group in Cebu inspired them with his zeal for Catholic Education. In 1985, His Eminence Ricardo J. Cardinal Vidal, D.D. affirmed the congregation of the Decree of Erection of the Religious Congregation and imparted his pastoral services with eagerness for the apostolate, in communion with the church.
The Community at present is composed of 118 members. Interior life is enhanced by an ongoing formation and renewal through retreats and monthly recollections. The Members are assigned in Local Houses established within the archdiocese of Cebu, Diocese of Quezon, Diocese of Talibon, Diocese of Tagbilaran, Diocese of Naval, Diocese of Maasin and Diocese of Palo.